The Alaska Story
The 10th anniversary of Lemonade Day Alaska is June 27, 2020!
Lemonade Day Alaska is a FREE, fun, experiential learning program that teaches youth how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand. It began with a vision to shape Alaska into a place that breeds, grows and attracts entrepreneurs. Each child that registers receives a yellow business backpack with an Entrepreneur Workbook that teaches them the lessons of Lemonade Day like creating budgets, setting profit-making goals, serving customers, repaying investors, and giving back to the community.
Along the way, they acquire skills in goal-setting, problem-solving, and gain self-esteem critical for future success. They keep all the money they make and are encouraged to spend some, save some and share some.
Lemonade Day Alaska 2017
Thank you Wells Fargo!
GIVING YOUTH THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
- Capital Equipment
- Supply & Demand
- Credit, Debt, Gross & Net Income
- Marginal Utility
- Return on Investment
- Compound Interest
- Critical Thinking & Collaboration
- Interest in Attending College
- Civic Responsibility
- Customer Service
- Teamwork & Problem Solving
- Presentation Skills & Design
- Belief That Attaining Goals is Within Reach
- Personal Productivity
- Self-Direction & Time Management
- Social Responsibility & Charity
- High Order Thinking
- Social Skills & Self Confidence
- Math Calculations
- Reading & Interpreting Data
- Oral & Written Communication