The Chestermere Story
HISTORY OF LEMONADE DAY
Entrepreneurs take risks, believing they can realize their dream if they work hard, take responsibility and act as good stewards of their resources. Today’s youth share that optimism but lack the life skills, mentorship and real-world experience necessary to be successful. In 2007, founder Michael Holthouse had a vision to empower today’s youth to become tomorrow’s entrepreneurs through helping them start, own and operate their very own business…a lemonade stand.
Lemonade Day is a strategic lesson-based program that walks youth from a dream to a business plan while teaching them the same principles required to start any company. Inspiring kids to work hard and make a profit, they are also taught to spend some, save some and share some by giving back to their community. Since its launch in 2007 in Houston, Texas, Lemonade Day has grown from serving 2,700 kids in one city to 1 million children across North America. Lemonade Day sparks the spirit of entrepreneurship and empowers youth to set goals, work hard, and achieve their dreams.
After missing 2019, the Chestermere Chamber of Commerce is bringing back Lemonade Day!
GIVING YOUTH THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
- Capital Equipment
- Supply & Demand
- Credit, Debt, Gross & Net Income
- Marginal Utility
- Return on Investment
- Compound Interest
- Critical Thinking & Collaboration
- Interest in Attending College
- Civic Responsibility
- Customer Service
- Teamwork & Problem Solving
- Presentation Skills & Design
- Belief That Attaining Goals is Within Reach
- Personal Productivity
- Self-Direction & Time Management
- Social Responsibility & Charity
- High Order Thinking
- Social Skills & Self Confidence
- Math Calculations
- Reading & Interpreting Data
- Oral & Written Communication
"Not every kid wants to be or will be an entrepreneur, but we need to help kids achieve something, no matter how big or small."
- CHARLIE HAMILTON, SERIAL ENTREPRENEUR AND LEMONADE DAY NATIONAL BOARD CHAIRMAN