The Fort Hood Area Story
First National Bank Texas and Fort Hood National Bank introduced Lemonade Day to the Fort Hood Area community in the spring of 2010. At a youth development conference in Houston the prior year, bank staff was intrigued by this unique program that introduced children to money management and life skills through experiential learning. Lemonade Day creator, Prepared 4 Life, also expressed an interest in expanding the program to reach children of military families. Those initial conversations sparked the momentum that would lead the bank to sponsor this fun, free educational program. In the years that followed, Lemonade Day Fort Hood Area has become an annual, community-wide event that inspires creativity and creates lasting memories.
Need more info on Lemonade Day on Fort Hood?
Fort Hood Family Housing has additional information posted on their website. Click HERE and participate!
Just want more info about Fort Hood?
Check out their homepage at http://www.hood.army.mil/.
GIVING YOUTH THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
- Capital Equipment
- Supply & Demand
- Credit, Debt, Gross & Net Income
- Marginal Utility
- Return on Investment
- Compound Interest
- Critical Thinking & Collaboration
- Interest in Attending College
- Civic Responsibility
- Customer Service
- Teamwork & Problem Solving
- Presentation Skills & Design
- Belief that Attaining Goals is Within Reach
- Personal Productivity
- Self-Direction & Time Management
- Social Responsibility & Charity
- High Order Thinking
- Social Skills & Self Confidence
- Math Calculations
- Reading & Interpreting Data
- Oral & Written Communication