The Kalispell Story
Lemonade Day is coming to Kalispell again!
Help us empower today’s youth to be tomorrow’s entrepreneurs! Lemonade Day Kalispell started in 2020 and is a free, fun, experiential learning program that teaches youth how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand.
The foremost objective of Lemonade Day is to empower youth to take ownership of their lives and become productive members of society – the business leaders, social advocates, volunteers, and forward-thinking citizens of tomorrow.
Each child that registers will learn valuable lessons throughout the Lemonade Day program like creating budgets, setting profit-making goals, serving customers, repaying investors, and giving back to the community. Along the way, they will acquire skills in goal-setting, problem-solving, and gain self-esteem critical for future success. Kids keep all the money they make and are encouraged to spend some, save some and share some.
GIVING YOUTH THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
- Capital Equipment
- Supply & Demand
- Credit, Debt, Gross & Net Income
- Marginal Utility
- Return on Investment
- Compound Interest
- Critical thinking & collaboration
- Interest in Attending College
- Civic Responsibility
- Teamwork & Problem Solving
- Presentation Skills & Design
- Belief That Attaining Goals is Within Reach
- Personal Productivity
- Self-Direction & Time Management
- Social Responsibility & Charity
- Social Skills & Self Confidence
- Math Calculations
- Reading & Interpreting Data
- Oral & Written Communication