The La Porte Story
Lemonade Day is coming to La Porte!
Help us empower today’s youth to be tomorrow’s entrepreneurs!
Lemonade Day is a free, fun, experiential learning program that teaches youth how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand.
The foremost objective of Lemonade Day is to empower youth to take ownership of their lives and become productive members of society – the business leaders, social advocates, volunteers, and forward thinking citizens of tomorrow.
Each child that registers receives access to the Lemonade Day curriculum that teaches them lessons like creating budgets, setting profit-making goals, serving customers, repaying investors, and giving back to the community. Along the way, they acquire skills in goal-setting, problem solving, and gain self-esteem critical for future success. They keep all the money they make and are encouraged to spend some, save some and share some.
GIVING YOUTH THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
- Capital Equipment
- Supply & Demand
- Credit, Debt, Gross & Net Income
- Marginal Utility
- Return on Investment
- Compound Interest
- Critical thinking & collaboration
- Interest in Attending College
- Civic Responsibility
- Teamwork & Problem Solving
- Presentation Skills & Design
- Belief That Attaining Goals is Within Reach
- Personal Productivity
- Self-Direction & Time Management
- Social Responsibility & Charity
- Social Skills & Self Confidence
- Math Calculations
- Reading & Interpreting Data
- Oral & Written Communication