The Northwest Arkansas Story
Lemonade Day is a free, fun, experiential learning program that teaches youth how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand. It began in, Texas in 2007. Since then it has grown from 2,700 kids to 120,000 kids in 31 cities across America and Canada in 2011 – including ours!
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Arkansas was thrilled to bring Lemonade Day to our region in 2015 and they have continued to champion youth entrepreneurship through the program!
The foremost objective of Lemonade Day is to empower youth to take ownership of their lives and become productive members of society – the business leaders, social advocates, volunteers, and forward thinking citizens of tomorrow.
GIVING YOUTH THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
- Capital Equipment
- Supply & Demand
- Credit, Debt, Gross & Net Income
- Marginal Utility
- Return on Investment
- Compound Interest
- Critical Thinking & Collaboration
- Interest in Attending College
- Civic Responsibility
- Customer Service
- Teamwork & Problem Solving
- Presentation Skills & Design
- Belief that Attaining Goals is Within Reach
- Personal Productivity
- Self-Direction & Time Management
- Social Responsibility
- High Order Thinking
- Social Skills & Self Confidence
- Math Calculations
- Reading & Interpreting Data
- Oral & Written Communications