The Greater Spokane Valley Story
Lemonade Day in the Greater Spokane Valley
The Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce is leading a collaborative set of initiatives, The Big 5, to serve as a beacon and compass for economic prosperity and community vitality. These initiatives include Greater Vision, Greater Learning, Greater Goods, Greater Cures and the Greater Outdoors.
Greater Learning is focused on integrating business and education to create the workforce of the future. Lemonade Day is a great way to prepare our youth to grow the local economy and learn how to become entrepreneurs.
Join us in building that workforce through Lemonade Day! This is the Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce’s inaugural year in presenting Lemonade Day. We already have plans to expand the program next year to develop even more young entrepreneurs!
We are excited to announce that on Saturday, May 19th you will see Lemonade Stands in front of chamber member businesses across this great valley!
GIVING YOUTH THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
- Capital equipment
- Supply & demand
- Credit, debt, gross & net income
- Marginal utility
- Return on investment
- Compound interest
- Critical thinking & collaboration
- Interest in attending college
- Civic responsibility
- Customer service
- Teamwork & problem solving
- Presentation skills & design
- Belief that attaining goals is within reach
- Personal productivity
- Self-direction & time management
- Social responsibility & charity
- High order thinking
- Social skills & self confidence
- Math calculations
- Reading & interpreting data
- Oral & written communication