91% of the profits made by FDL Youth in 2021 was donated back to local charities
In 2021, the Fond du Lac area had 44 drive-thru stands with 148 young entrepreneurs that designed, planned, and opened a Lemonade Stand. 91% of the profits made by these stands was donated to local charities such as Sandi Paws, SMSA, Holy Family Church, Fond du Lac Humane Society, Salvation Army, Green lake Animal Shelter, and Saving Sully Dog Rescue to name a few.
Due to ebb and flow of Covid, and the policies and safety precautions that communities and families took, the overall number of registered stands was lower than in previous years. We applaud all families and youth-serving entities that participated with extra precautions in places such as drive-thru, masked service, and touchless evaluations (using QR Codes). We also applaud those that chose not to participate based on their group’s decision that the ever-changing circumstances may be too chaotic and distract from their group having a positive experience in 2021.
Welcome back!!! We look forward to a great 2024!
GIVING YOUTH THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
- Capital Equipment
- Supply & Demand
- Credit, Debt, Gross & Net Income
- Marginal Utility
- Return on Investment
- Compound Interest
- Critical Thinking & Collaboration
- Interest in Attending College
- Civic Responsibility
- Customer Service
- Teamwork & Problem Solving
- Presentation Skills & Design
- Belief that Attaining Goals is Within Reach
- Personal Productivity
- Self-Direction & Time Management
- Social Responsibility & Charity
- High Order Thinking
- Social Skills & Self Confidence
- Math Calculations
- Reading & Interpreting Data
- Oral & Written Communication