The Sylvan Lake Story
Lemonade Day is coming to Sylvan Lake!
Spring and Summer are the perfect seasons in Sylvan Lake for young kids to taste the sweet success that comes with being their own boss and launching their own small business – a lemonade stand! Through fun hands-on experiences, kids ages 8 - 11 will learn how to create a business plan, budget, set goals, serve customers, and will make hard-earned cash!
GIVING YOUTH THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
- Capital Equipment
- Supply & Demand
- Credit, Debt, Gross & Net Income
- Marginal Utility
- Return on Investment
- Compound Interest
- Critical thinking & collaboration
- Interest in Attending College
- Civic Responsibility
- Teamwork & Problem Solving
- Presentation Skills & Design
- Belief That Attaining Goals is Within Reach
- Personal Productivity
- Self-Direction & Time Management
- Social Responsibility & Charity
- Social Skills & Self Confidence
- Math Calculations
- Reading & Interpreting Data
- Oral & Written Communication