The Monroe County Story
Lemonade Day Monroe County is MORE than just a stand!
Help us empower today’s youth to be tomorrow’s entrepreneurs!
Lemonade Day is a free, fun, experiential learning program that teaches youth how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand.
The foremost objective of Lemonade Day is to empower youth to take ownership of their lives and become productive members of society – the business leaders, social advocates, volunteers, and forward thinking citizens of tomorrow.
Each child that registers receives access to Lemonopolis, our FREE and FUN online curriculum that teaches them Lemonade Day lessons like creating budgets, setting profit-making goals, serving customers, repaying investors, and giving back to the community. Along the way, they acquire skills in goal-setting, problem solving, and gain self-esteem critical for future success. They also receive additional digital content from local sponsors and experts on topics like Building a Lemonade Stand, Recipe Exploration, Marketing, and more!!
GIVING YOUTH THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
- Capital equipment & consumables
- Supply and demand
- Credit, debt, gross & net income
- Marginal utility
- Return on investment
- Compound interest
- Critical thinking & collaboration
- Interest in attending college
- Civic responsibility
- Customer service
- Teamwork & problem solving
- Presentation skills & design
- Belief that attaining goals is within reach
- Personal productivity
- Self-direction & time management
- Social responsibility & charity
- High order thinking
- Social skills & self confidence
- Math calculations
- Reading & interpreting data
- Oral & written communication