Chapman Brothers - 2022 National Youth Entrepreneurs of the Year

We are proud to present our 2022 National Youth Entrepreneur of the Year...

Ethan and Edward Chapman

The Chapman Brothers Lemonade Stand
Tallahassee, FL

“The Lemonade Day program teaches them the basic principles for running a business,” stated Youri and Edward Chapman Jr., proud parents of Ethan and Edward. “Lemonade Day Tallahassee has been a blessing because it echoes what my husband and I are teaching our boys. We are teaching them that you don’t have to wait until you are older to start a business. We are also teaching them that it is important to save, invest, but also give back to your community. Lemonade Day has made these principles practical for them.”

Read Ethan and Edward’s Lemonade Day story in their own words:


My brother and I started participating in Lemonade Day about 5 years ago. He was very young at the time, so I had to take the lead, with the help of our parents. However, these last two years we have both been sharing the load. My name is Edward Chapman III, and I am 11 years old, my brother’s name is Ethan Chapman, and he is 7 years old. The name of our Stand is called “The Chapman Brother’s Lemonade Stand”.

We really enjoy participating in Lemonade Day because it helps young entrepreneurs like us learn basic skills about being an entrepreneur. Some of the things we learned is that in order to run any busy, it takes money, so if you don’t have it, you need investors. We learned that sometimes you have to pay back those investors with interest. We also learned that in order to know what your profit is you have to subtract what you made from your expenses. Another thing we learned is that you should save some, share some, and spend some. Our parents started our bank account a few years ago, so whatever we make we usually put about 70% of that in our bank accounts and the other 30% we divide into sharing and spending. This year we gave money to an organization who was giving supplies to those children who were homeless.

Our dad Edward Chapman Jr. helps us make the lemonade. We currently provide two flavors: Traditional Lemonade & Strawberry Lemonade. If our customers want something a little more tart, traditional Lemonade is what they get, but if they want something a little sweeter then strawberry is the way to go. This way we are able to satisfy both needs. 

Lemonade Day 2022 was a little different, but in a great way, because my brother and I, along with our parents, decided to invest in a popcorn machine. It was definitely worth it! On Lemonade Day we sold out of all the popcorn. The popcorn smell had everyone wanting it. 

Other highlights for Lemonade Day 2022:

We invested in a new banner for our stand.

We won “The Best Tasting Lemonade” contest for Tallahassee and surrounding counties, for our age group and overall. This was very exciting‼️

Our total expenses for Lemonade Day this year was $450, because of the new popcorn machine, the new banner, and the other lemonade products. At Lemonade Day we made $750 dollars. Our profit for Lemonade Day 2022 was $300. We are happy with our investments and our outcome. Lemonade Day 2022 was a huge success‼️ We will continue to participate in Lemonade Day and tell others about it as well. 

Thank you‼️

back to blog