The Houston Story
Help us empower today’s youth to be tomorrow’s entrepreneurs!
We're already planning the next Lemonade Day in Houston
Lemonade Day is a free, fun, experiential learning program that teaches youth how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand. It began right here in Houston, Texas in 2007. Since then it has grown from 2,700 kids to over 55,000 kids in Houston.
The foremost objective of Lemonade Day is to empower youth to take ownership of their lives and become productive members of society – the business leaders, social advocates, volunteers, and forward thinking citizens of tomorrow.
Each child that registers receives free materials that teach them the lessons of Lemonade Day like creating budgets, setting profit-making goals, serving customers, repaying investors, and giving back to the community. Along the way, they acquire skills in goal-setting, problem solving, and gain self-esteem critical for future success. They keep all the money they make and are encouraged to spend some, save some and share some.
Meet Our Staff
GIVING YOUTH THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
- Capital equipment
- Supply & demand
- Credit, debt, gross & net income
- Marginal utility
- Return on investment
- Compound interest
- Critical thinking & collaboration
- Interest in attending college
- Civic responsibility
- Customer service
- Teamwork & problem solving
- Presentation skills & design
- Belief that attaining goals is within reach
- Personal productivity
- Self-direction & time management
- Social responsibility & charity
- High order thinking
- Social skills & self confidence
- Math calculations
- Reading & interpreting data
- Oral & written communication